The numbers explained:

pbpk weight should be above 180
Fasting & pre-meal blood glucose 80-120
Post-meal blood glucose 120-180
A1C below 7%

Friday, December 30, 2011

Woes at Work

I sorta juked the stats today. I stayed aware of my physical state after eating and taking insulin and tried to respond to any sensations I had before checking. It kept my range to within 126 points which is good. But the day as a whole was mixed. I'm tired, but just from a busy rehearsal schedule (I'm beginning to tell the difference). My morning numbers were pretty good but slightly high so I had a more modest version of my usual breakfast and felt fine for about an hour and a half but then started getting jittery... right when I was called on stage to rehearse. I consumed two energy bars while onstage (and while operating the horse) but my performance was a bit lackluster and later when I was given notes I was jittery, defensive, and had difficulty communicating. I probably looked really offended, when really I was just experiencing a low. When I finally checked it was 113.

Other than that the day was pretty good. I've started doing push-ups a few times a day, pull ups more than a few times a day, and learned an exercise that, with some luck, will help me to develop the ideal masculine curvature of the buttocks region. I've also drafted a letter to send to my cast to inform them of my new adventure. And I've bid on a gentleman's leather satchel to carry my necessary equipment. It's guaranteed for 100 years. Yeah, that should be long enough.

El Numeros!!

pbpk - 173.8

11:23 -> 184 Felt good but slightly high. Had a smaller breakfast than usual with 5 units.
1:27 -> 129 A little muddy but otherwise good.
3:55 -> 113 As I rehearsed I started feeling faint and then jittery. I had an apple, then a Lara bar and then a Clif bar.
5:17 -> 174 5 units with dinner: 1.5 yams, chicken w/veg (so delicious!!), salad w/whole avocado, mung beans.
7:17 -> 91 Thought I was high... had two or three cookies.
12:05 -> 188 5 units with supper: salad w/oysters, quinoa w/a packet of indian food, red cabbage.
2:02 -> 62 Dang it, my low of the day. Had a spoon of jam, some milk, 1/2 a pb&j, a half cup of ice cream and a handful of quadratinis.
2:40 ->15 units of Lantus.

Day 10

No comments:

Post a Comment