The numbers explained:

pbpk weight should be above 180
Fasting & pre-meal blood glucose 80-120
Post-meal blood glucose 120-180
A1C below 7%

Monday, January 2, 2012

Diabetic Purchase: Filson Field Bag

Tomorrow's the big day. I'm off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of the block south of Columbus Circle. A wizard of human hormone stabilization, and hopefully the beginning of my own self-micromanagement. She will help me unlock the algorithms that will transform my body into the hero I am destined to be. She'll be Merlin I'll be King Arthur. She'll be M and I'll be James Bond. She'll be Pamela Landy and I'll be Jason Bourne. Alfred and Batman. Armed with my lancing needles and my syringe, my emergency sugar and my notebook I'll wander the streets of Manhattan stopping crimes of ignorance, spreading knowledge of diabetes and bringing calm to the dwellers of my bloodstream. When that day comes, so shall the birth of "G.I. Jon" (glycemic index Jon).

Today was pretty good. I returned the humidifier that I bought when I was experiencing the diabetic symptom of dryness. With the money I got back I purchased a discounted tan and leather Filson field bag. I also exchanged a gifted men's dress shirt for one closer to my size. Brian and I made headway in the creation of a Destiny Trail website. I toured the Park Slope Coop, and all while keeping my blood sugar within an 82 point range!

And something else happened today. I finally received my man purse. Behold!

I'm already pretty much in love with it. It comfortably fits my two insulin pens, about 200 test strips, 20 lances, 30 needles, a few days worth of my vitamins, my glucagon pen, a few Larabars, a few Gu packets, back up batteries for my glucometer, my glucometer, my food and bg journal, my check book, my carb counter book, a reading book, and my pharmacy receipts. It can be synched pretty tight with the above contents, or I've also managed to fit a scarf and water bottle in it and still manage to fasten it in the last loophole. It is guaranteed for 100 years. I can't wait to see how it ages!


srebmun!

12:31 -> 129 Woke up late, felt a little groggy, but the memory of waking 10 times per night is fresh enough in my mind that any continuous sleep is heavenly.
12:42 -> Took 5 units with a breakfast of lamb stew and 2 apples.
2:59 -> 100 After a few hours in the city I had a pb&j.
5:57 -> 131 I worked with Brian for a couple of hours, snacked on these healthy baked "twigs" and had a Lara bar.
7:40 -> Took 5 units with a dinner of black bean soup with spinach, cheddar cheese, chips, rice, guac and 2 beers.
9:40 -> 182 I probably shouldn't have had that last mouthful of rice.
10:40 -> Took 5 units with a supper of an EPIC SALAD (dandelion greens, broccoli sprouts, grape tomatoes, cucumber, bulgarian feta, avocado, amish bacon, balsamic) and more lamb stew.
12:49 -> 107 I hit the sweet spot. Yeah baby!
2:00 -> 15 units of Lantus. Took this a bit earlier than usual because tomorrow's an early day. But had a piece of toast just in case the insulin overlap made me drop.

Now this crime fighter needs to go to bed. He has an early day of wrestling horses and fighting tanks, after which he will see the wizard.

Day 14

No comments:

Post a Comment