The numbers explained:

pbpk weight should be above 180
Fasting & pre-meal blood glucose 80-120
Post-meal blood glucose 120-180
A1C below 7%

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Workplace Woes

I finally have something to talk about again. For those who have been paying close attention over the past few days my blood glucose seems to have been creeping up on average. And while I have several hypotheses why that might be the case, I decided, in an effort to bring the average back into a comfortable range, that I would change my carb:insulin ratio from >50:1 to about 40:1. This was successful for a few days, but today I finally had a response (for those just joining us that's a euphemism for hypoglycemia) that suggests I need the greater ratio.

Also, I had a miserable time at work. I keep getting noted for things that I'm actively trying to fix. And the notes come smothered in such anger and emotion that I find them hard to process constructively and instead find myself getting defensive first, angry second and finally recalcitrant. I'm continuing to battle through it as best I know how, but it has taken it's toll on me physically and imagine the constant stress has not been a positive ingredient in my diabetes control.

#s

pbpk ->182.4 Wow, I'm becoming a fatty, nice!
11:52 -> 148 Meh, I wish this hadn't gone up during the night. Cereal 100c, pb&j 50c, 1/2 cup blueberries 10c = 160c = 4 units Novolog.
2:12 -> 55 What's that i see? A low? Wow, I guess 40:1 may not quite be right. Had 4 oz orange juice 15c.
5:54 -> 113 Perfect. Dinner: rice 52c, curried beans 93c, broccoli with sundried tomatoes and garlic 20c, 1 sweet potato 25c, small apple 15c, 1 cookie 11c = 216 = 5 units.
8:34 -> 101 Felt emotional and wanted to check. F-ing War Horse is getting me down. I had a handful of brazil nuts 5c.
12:25 -> 119 Good number. Second dinner: Rice 52c, salsa 7c, beans 67c, onion 3c, soy chorizo 12c, tortillas 55c, spinach 2c, cheese 3c = 201c = 5 units Novolog and 5 units Lantus.
1:46 -> 51 Yikes! That's 2 lows in one day. Had 16c of Raspberry jam for quick release. But this confirms that 40:1 isn't quite right. I'll try 45:1 tomorrow I think.
2:34 -> 102 Good. It's probably still climbing but it shouldn't go much higher. And I don't want to spike too much because I'm getting blood work done tomorrow and I'd love for my blood glucose to be in a good level.

Day 38

No comments:

Post a Comment