The numbers explained:

pbpk weight should be above 180
Fasting & pre-meal blood glucose 80-120
Post-meal blood glucose 120-180
A1C below 7%

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Inspiration... Priceless

"You're either eating beans out of a can or getting a standing ovation"
~ Laura Benanti - on the life of a performer

I saw Laura Benanti perform in a solo concert at the Mitzi Newhouse theatre. She was phenomenal and has inspired me once again to be the best at whatever it is I choose to be. Right now that means being the best diabetic.



#s
12:43 ->141 Cereal 135c, apple 20c, grapefruit 26c, toast 15c, w/ peanut butter 5c = 201c = 4 units.
5:43 -> 111 Dinner: Sweet potatoes with cinnamon and baker's chocolate 55c, quinoa 60c, curry spinach 14c, apple 20c, pb&j 35c = 186 = 4 units. At 7:00 I had coffee with cream 6c.
10:18 -> 249 Why the hell am I so high? Second Dinner of Salmon with sides of spinach and tomatoes and olives in an amazing reduction. Couldn't have been more than 25c. Took 1 unit.
1:20 -> 186 Took 5 units of Lantus. Wow, I'm really not very efficient with my carb:insulin ratio today.

Hypothesis: I was almost completely inactive today. Also my sleep has been irregular, and today marks the day that I have the least amount of Vitamin D in my body. Tomorrow I'll either up my activity or I'll lower the carb:insulin ratio or a little of both. I need to get these numbers under better control because I have my blood work this Friday.

Day 35

No comments:

Post a Comment