The numbers explained:

pbpk weight should be above 180
Fasting & pre-meal blood glucose 80-120
Post-meal blood glucose 120-180
A1C below 7%

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Blaisé Day

Today was a day spent in the wake of wonderful plans gone awry. I woke up to a phone call of cancelled plans, then again to the alarm I forgot to turn off, then again to a phone call confirming a doctors appointment. By the time I finally got out of bed I didn't feel rested at all, but couldn't stand wasting any more time under covers.

My day progressed with some small victories in the way of productivity. I visited a new place in Brooklyn, got a small amount of exercise, and had dinner with friends.

I'm in a bit of a slump right now. Part of it may be the thyroid problem, part of it... who knows. But there are definitely actions I can take to get out. For starters I need to start working out again, it always makes me feel better and makes both my insulin sensitivity and my sensitivity to the pill Prandin increase which means more food. Second I need to free my mind from those burdens I can including things like taxes, scheduling blood work, going to a dentist, researching apartments for May, etc. Finally, my general mood would probably improve if I started taking a little bit of bolus insulin more regularly (or at least started checking and measuring my spikes two hours after eating) because I'm spending a greater and greater part of the day slightly hungry.

I'll work towards all three of those tomorrow.

Dailies:

10:31 -> 94 Really quite a good number, although with three units the night before I had hoped for 80s. Took 2 Prandin with cereal 120c, then went to Greenwood cemetery and walked around. Around 1:00 I had a protein bar 27c.
2:15 -> 111 Not bad. Took 2 Prandin with salad 10c, eggplant 15c, hummus 25c, fries 60c, dips and tomatoes 20c at MIRIAM restaurant.
4:21 -> 80 Took 1 Prandin with carrots 21c, zucchini 14c and brussels sprouts 20c.
9:37 -> 102 Took 2 Prandin with black eyed peas w/kale 75c, beet/carrot/chick pea salad 30c, 18 crackers with avocado and sardines (yes, I broke the veganism) 60c. At 1:40 had a cookie 10c.
2:43 -> 156 This number upsets me a bit, although it's probably just a result of the 10c cookie. I only had about 2000 calories of carbs and probably no more than 2500 calories total. No wonder I'm hungry. Took 4 units of Lantus tonight, and had an apple 15c. I don't expect any nighttime lows.

Much of my evening was spent discussing the various merits of different nutritional techniques, indigenous diets, etc. Over the past three weeks I've often professed in person to being a "non-anal" vegan. There have occasionally been a bit of egg or some milk in prepared foods I've enjoyed. I've never had animal products on their own though until tonight. I had a very small amount (3 oz at most) of sardines. My veganism (or near-veganism) is for health not moral reasons and 3 oz of small cold-water fish will in no way undo the positive affects of my past 3 week diet. Regardless, tomorrow I'm back on the wagon.

Day 97

No comments:

Post a Comment