The numbers explained:

pbpk weight should be above 180
Fasting & pre-meal blood glucose 80-120
Post-meal blood glucose 120-180
A1C below 7%

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Cure

No, my disease isn't gone. The Cure I'm referring to is a thrift shop in New York's East Village. But what sets this thrift shop apart from other thrift shops is that the proceeds benefit Type 1 Diabetes research. Here's a blurb taken from their website.




"Cure Thrift Shop's Founder, Liz Wolff, was diagnosed with type 1 (juvenile) diabetes when she was 11 years old. As a fourth generation garage sale and thrift shop scouring, dumpster diving woman, she has combined her passion for arts and antiques with her personal mission: to dedicate her life to finding a cure for diabetes."

Pretty cool, eh? And what's better still is that diabetics get 15% off Monday-Wednesday. So tomorrow, between cooking vegan food, doing yoga or rowing you'll be able to find me at The Cure!

Dailies:

12:09 -> 89 Took 2 Prandin with cereal 110c, bagel w/pb and banana 57c, fake coffee 4c.
4:21 -> 143 But I swear I feel lower. Oh well, had some peanuts 5c.
5:46 -> 109 Took a Prandin with a yam 55c then larabar 26c. At 8:00 took another Prandin with a Columbian Sandwich in a piece of corn flatbread. I estimated it to be about 75c.
10:44 -> 177 Took 2 Prandin with brussel sprouts 20c, salad 30c, cabbage stew 33c, rice 46c, chickpeas 19c, fake coffee 7c.
2:56 -> 177 Going to bed.

I was a bit high all day, but I was very inactive. Tomorrow I'll move my body a bit more and hopefully bring the average of those numbers back down a little.

Day 82

1 comment: