The numbers explained:

pbpk weight should be above 180
Fasting & pre-meal blood glucose 80-120
Post-meal blood glucose 120-180
A1C below 7%

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Goal: Becoming a Diabetic Leader

I want to make this operation bigger. I've been looking on Craigslist, JDSU websites, meetup.com and I can't really find the type of thing I'm looking for. I know there are bad diabetics out there. I hear about them all the time. And this pains me more than a cold injection into muscle tissue... or at least it pains me equally.

I want to find a way to get in contact with them and convince/teach them how to be better. My diabetic nurse sort of does this, but she has the restrictions of having to say certain things for legal reasons (such as change your insulin after 28 days). Certain individuals have maintained rigid glucose control since the dawn of insulin in the 1920s. Why then are people still showing up to the hospital with A1Cs in the teens, months or years after their original diagnosis?



Dailies:

9:40 -> 121 Don't get used to this time of day, I was just meeting a friend for b-fast which I ate at 11:00. Took 2 Prandin with vegan/gluten free lasagne. Not bad, but it was certainly over priced for what you got. About 80c and an apple 15c.
2:06 -> 119 Took 1 Prandin with a glorious Cameo apple 30c and my leftover swiss chard with squash 60c.
6:22 -> 71 Took 2 Prandin with lentil soup with rice 110c, grapefruit 25c, pb and banana bagel 50c, apple 30c, salad 20c, bread with hummus 20c.
9:54 -> 89 I only checked because I assumed I'd be high after 255 carbs, but this is a great number. Had a cookie 17c.
1:05 -> 65 Dang, and they tell me I'm not producing insulin. Had a salad (rocket, cucumber, tomato, avocado, onion, balsamic, soy chorizo) 45c.


Got some Vitamin D the old fashioned way today, and have a lobster red patch the size of a bear paw on my left arm.

Day 93

No comments:

Post a Comment