The numbers explained:

pbpk weight should be above 180
Fasting & pre-meal blood glucose 80-120
Post-meal blood glucose 120-180
A1C below 7%

Monday, March 5, 2012

China Study Review: Part 2


The China Study is nothing if not a vegan manifesto. The list of evidence is compelling. The science is sound. A whole foods plant based diet is the best way to prevent a whole host of diseases including cancers, coronary heart disease, diabetes, osteoporosis, Alhzeimer's disease, etc.

Don't compare what you read in The China Study to what you hear on the news. The China Study is the primary source. This is the book written by the project manager of the biggest most comprehensive study on nutrition ever conducted. A $5 million dollar study examining the dietary traditions of villages across China over decades and the correlation to disease.


Really and truly, the author repeatedly throws some light on fad diets, science of convenience, and agenda based policy and reveals them all for what they are. I've obviously been influenced. If you can find this book in a library, check it out, it is shocking.






And with that I move onto my next book: A Fighter's Heart

Dailies:

11:33 -> 71 Noticing a trend? This is the fifth day in a row I've woken up under 100. Took 2 Prandin with V cereal 110c. At 12:45 had a banana 27c. At 1:30 had two apples 40c.
2:49 -> 86 Pre Joey number. Not high enough. Had a pb sandwich 25c. Did 1st act then had a Larabar 26c. That's a total carb count of 216c for 2 pills.
7:22 -> 74 Wow, impressive how low that is. Took 2 Prandin with beans 67c, chorizo 13c, quinoa 30c, brussels sprouts 20c, chips 20c, blueberries 20c, yam 60c, squash w/ tahini 4c. 234c for 2 pills.
10:03 -> 244 Dang it, I let my appetite get the best of me. If 216 carbs over 8 hours kept me stable with two pills, what made me think that 234 carbs would balance out 2 pills in one sitting. I'm an idiot.
1:00 -> 208 At least I'm heading down (I hope I didn't peak higher between these two numbers, though I probably did). It will be very curious to see what number I wake up at.

Gratitudes:
1. Medical insurance sent me a check, paltry but helpful.
2. My sis arrived in town.
3. Despite some shoulder irritation I completed a very enjoyable performance of Joey.

Day 75

No comments:

Post a Comment