The numbers explained:

pbpk weight should be above 180
Fasting & pre-meal blood glucose 80-120
Post-meal blood glucose 120-180
A1C below 7%

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Rollercoaster

Today was lame.

My blood glucose level can be so temperamental. My first 2 Prandin took care of 180 carbs and then some. My second 2 Prandin knocked out 260 carbs easily and left me low. But the final 2 Prandin couldn't work their way through 196 carbs without giving me a major spike. Hence, lame.

Dailies:

11:20 -> 108 Took 2 Prandin with cereal 110c then an amazing farmer's market cameo apple 25c, snap peas with peanuts 5c. At intermission a small pb&j 18c and a fuji apple 22c.
4:54 -> 88 Took 2 Prandin with dinner: cabbage and squash 50c, lentils 35c, quinoa 60c, salad 15c and hummus 15c, also second cameo apple 28c. Before the show at 8:00 I had a cookie 10c.
10:13 -> 47 I was feeling low during act 2 so I checked my blood glucose before going on stage for the epic marathon that is the final few scenes of WarHorse as Joey. My blood sugar was 47. I had a Gu packet 25c and barely remember the next 20 minutes. At 11:20 I was beginning to feel low again and so I had a Larabar 26c.
12:02 -> 60 Had an Amy's frozen Gluten Free Vegan pizza 102c (I was tired from a long day of shows and lows, so I realize this isn't the healthiest option) and to avoid any further lows also had some curried chickpeas 54c with what I originally thought was 40c worth of quinoa. Turns out it was 60c. So I overshot by 20c.
3:04 -> 242 Looks like I paid for those extra twenty carbs. Without them I'd probably be in shooting range of 180 which would have been happier. Oh well, I don't mind a bit of hyper after so much hypo.

I really do think that without that mistake of counting the carbs I would have been in a pretty good range so there aren't any real lessons to be learned here. I am going to make a note of the fact that my afternoon Prandin seemed so much more effective than my morning and evening doses. I'll see if that's consistent and adjust accordingly.

Why do I have a feeling despite the ups and downs I'll wake up tomorrow between 80-120?

Gratitudes:
1. Daylight savings means more sun starting tomorrow.
2. I didn't pass out during "Joey's Night."
3. The most delicious apples I've had in a long, long time.

Day 81

No comments:

Post a Comment