The numbers explained:

pbpk weight should be above 180
Fasting & pre-meal blood glucose 80-120
Post-meal blood glucose 120-180
A1C below 7%

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Diabetic Playlist

I have survived my first complete month of Diabetes and I feel excellent. Full of beans - as they say in England (and come to think of it I'm also full of beans in the literal sense).

I also wanted to share a realization with you today, which is this. Once you look for it, everywhere you turn you see references to diabetes. I found this to be true especially in pop culture, including many very popular songs.

WARNING: JUST BECAUSE I'M LINKING THESE VIDEOS TO MY BLOG DOES NOT MEAN I CONDONE THE CONTENT OF THE SONGS. SOME OF THESE SONGS COULD BE CONSIDERED OFFENSIVE TO CERTAIN LISTENERS.

She's so High - a song about a girl experiencing hyperglycemia
Because I got high - a song about the repercussions of forgetting to take your insulin and therefore going too high.
Get Low - Words of advice to those yet undiagnosed diabetics who are living with high blood sugar.
How Low - My favorite of the songs and the most philosophical topic covered.

Once you stop and take a look around you'll see it's everywhere. So don't despair if you're a diabetic and feel alone.

Here's another song, by legendary singer and diabetic Johnny Cash.

Wow!

Here are my numbers:

11:09 -> 117 Amazing! Cereal 100c, apple 15c, pb&j bagel 45c = 160 = 4 units Novolog. Had a cookie 11c and coffee 3 c at about 2:00.
6:25 -> 98 Great! Dinner: Indian food (frozen from TJs) 16c + 40c, 2 apples 50c, 2 cookies 18c = 124c = 3 units. Had peanuts 5c at 7:50 and milk 6c at 8:10.
8:17 -> 40 Shit! Where did that come from? I was feeling low, but dang! Had orange juice 19c.
9:21 -> 109 Had some hummus and chips 9c.
1:17 -> 133 Supper time: Salad 20c, rice 40c, brussels sprouts 18c, yam 30c, braised red cabbage 15c = 123 = 3 units Novolog and 5 units of Lantus.
3:28 -> 140 Going to bed! :)

Tomorrow I see my doctor to find out, among other things, whether or not the gluten free thing is working.

Day 44

No comments:

Post a Comment