The numbers explained:

pbpk weight should be above 180
Fasting & pre-meal blood glucose 80-120
Post-meal blood glucose 120-180
A1C below 7%

Monday, February 20, 2012

How to Run 8 Miles

Leave your apartment. Start running. Ignore the pain. Don't stop for 8 miles.

That's all it took. Crazy how easy something like that is. The longest I had ever run previously was 6 miles and that was only once and over a year and a half ago. The next longest would have been 5 miles and that was only once and over three years ago. I just decided it was time to run really far, and the park happens to be .6 miles from my house and the park happens to be 3.45 miles around. One lap wasn't enough.

So... I guess I can run 8 miles. Sweet!

Wanna know what else the 8 mile run did for me? It made me need a lot of carbs today. You'll see, but today was a glorious day of eating.

In fact, here's a recipe I've started enjoying pretty regularly as an alternative to my all time favorite dish of brussels sprouts.

Broccoli and Cauliflower

2 Heads of Broccoli
1/2 a Cauliflower
5 cloves of garlic
tin of anchovies
1/4 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes

Cut the Broccoli and Cauliflower into florets, place with the garlic in a greased cast iron skillet and throw in the oven at about 375 for about 30 minutes, maybe longer. With a mortar and pestle crush the anchovies into a paste, add the olive oil to thin it out. When the broccoli is soft enough to cut with a spatula, pour into a mixing bowl with the anchovy mixture, parmesan and red pepper flakes. Mix until everything is evenly distributed. Enjoy.

Dailies

11:22 -> 103 Took 2 Prandin with Breakfast: Cereal 110c, banana 25c, went for an 8 mile run and had gu 25c after the first lap. When I finished running I had an orange 20c, apple 20c, protein shake 18c and blueberries 10c.
3:47 -> 79 Had a pack of snow peas 24c.
7:01 -> 77 Nice! Broccoli and Cauliflower 50c, beans 35c, salsa 12c, avocado 15c, chips 36c, 2 eggs, sorghum beer*, 2 cups teeccino* with soy milk.
3:06 -> 76 Blueberries 20c and Bed.

Day 61


*more on these products later.

1 comment: