The numbers explained:

pbpk weight should be above 180
Fasting & pre-meal blood glucose 80-120
Post-meal blood glucose 120-180
A1C below 7%

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Diabetic Purchase - Bike Accessories

Yoga didn't happen today. Instead I went to my local bike shop and got sorted out. The bike was tuned up, i bought some bike shoes with clips,


They look super casual but have clips on the bottom which you can adjust for where you want the pedal to land on your foot. Perfect for a diabetic with two different size feet. I also got pin wheel locks, and a headlight.

The guy (Tristan) also recommended that I get a new chain, a new free wheel and a pump, but I'll wait to invest in those things until I've proven to myself that I'll find time to ride. I'm sure I will. I've already fallen in love with my bike. Seriously, from the moment I first set eyes on her. I've named her Seaway. But with two days of snow expected this week, I'll probably have to keep her shacked up in the apartment for awhile. Come on warm winter weather!!


Numbers:

12:36 -> 101 Cereal 110 and 2 units of insulin. At 2:00 I had 1/2 Larabar 15c.
3:38 -> 140 Chicken and veg 30c, 2 oranges 30c, salad 26c, 1/2 lara bar 12c, toast with peanut butter 17c = 115c = 2 units. All vitamins.
6:33 -> 92 Low for Pre-Joey. Piece of chocolate covered macadamia nut toffee 8c, macadamia nuts 4c, coffee 4c = 16c snack.
12:19 -> 88 Dinner: quinoa 60c, indian vegetable curry 20c, chips 19c, beans 39c, snap peas 8c, 2 apples 30c, red pepper tapenade 9c = 185 = 3 units Novolog and 5 units Lantus.
2:51 -> 159 Looks like I overshot just a little, but it's not too bad. Let's hope I produce some insulin in the night and wake up in the range!

Let it snow!!

Day 50

No comments:

Post a Comment