The numbers explained:

pbpk weight should be above 180
Fasting & pre-meal blood glucose 80-120
Post-meal blood glucose 120-180
A1C below 7%

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Gluten Free Support

Hello GFers,

How was your first day? I still remember mine. It was as if suddenly, by being forbidden to eat gluten it was the only thing I wanted. I swear I would have had pizza for breakfast, pasta for lunch and beer for dinner. What was more desirable than the gluten itself, however, was the thought of breaking the rules.

So I'll offer you this quote to help you on your journey:

"It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not."

- J. Gordon

Are you ready to change?

Dailies:
11:15 -> 77 Wow, lowest morning number I've had in a long time. I think that's a good sign. It's also the most sleep I've had in awhile... correlation? Took 2 Prandin w/cereal 110, orange 16c, blueberries 20c and 1/2 larabar 14c = 160c spread over three hours.
5:09 -> 97 Good number. Took a Prandin with dinner: Chicken and veg 30c, quinoa 30c. Later a Larabar 31c and peanuts 5c.
7:57 -> 141 Good. I was a bit hungry, but I guess I'll wait.
12:21 -> 59 Okay, low. Not crashing low, but slowly lowering because I have a semi-functional pancreas. I didn't worry and just had a low-carb dinner without Prandin: Salad 30c, chicken.
2:45 -> 99 That's a 40 point raise 2.5 hours later with a meal that had lots of protein and some fat (avocado, olive oil) so that number is probably rising slowly. I'll sleep on this number.

Day 64

2 comments:

  1. Since I was already used to eating rice bread, that made things a tad easier, however, the soy sauce in my salad dressing has wheat, so out that goes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Day 1 okay. Went to Whole Foods to see what gluten-free bread they had and didn't like any of it or the price! So bread is out -but rice cakes are in :) I don't eat much bread anyway. Forgot that dried cranberries have sugar :( no more dried cranberries - sigh.

    ReplyDelete