The numbers explained:

pbpk weight should be above 180
Fasting & pre-meal blood glucose 80-120
Post-meal blood glucose 120-180
A1C below 7%

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Making Metaphorical Lemonade

I came across this video today:



And even though it's pretty clear to me that the guy is not actually in need of crutches it still reminded me of the potential for people to overcome handicaps in truly remarkable ways.

Here's a more real example, this dancer goes by the name BBoy Junior:

He has polio in one of his legs. But look what he's done with the rest of his body!

Dailies:

11:53 -> 128 Took 2 Prandin w/cereal 110c. Did a 5x10 minute (mild, medium, 5xsprints, medium, mild) piece on the erg, about 12K. Then had a protein shake 6c.
3:31 -> 76 Back in action! After a day of rest and needing lots of Prandin I'm excited that a little workout knocks me down a bit again. Took 2 more Prandin with Broccoli 40c, quinoa 40c, split peas 60c. At 6:00 had fake coffee 6c and at 8:30 I had an apple 20c.
10:42 -> 97 Took 2 Prandin and had Supper: Salad 35c, split peas 50, quinoa 40c. Also took 5 units Lantus.
2:50 -> 225 Dang, you're high. I guess either not enough working out (meh). And I didn't even finish my meal. I have to remember that the Lantus stops working after my evening dinner so my late night supper needs to have fewer carbs than usual.

Also, I'd like to say to everybody who reads this (so that I'm held accountable) that ever since I've switched from bolus insulin to the pill Prandin I've become much more irresponsible when it comes to remembering to take my basal insulin (Lantus). I haven't missed a dose yet, but I don't do it at a set time, and when I'm about to sleep I find myself remembering in a panic and then rushing to take it. This is not a good trend. Suggestions? Maybe I'll try taking it earlier, closer to the end of the show so that I can habit link... you know what habit linking is, right? Sounds like an idea for a future post!

1. Grateful to be strong enough to push myself.
2. Grateful for my amazing apartment.
3. Grateful for the little inspiring emails and messages I get periodically from people about my diabetes.

Day 70

1 comment:

  1. Great videos! Amazing BBoy Junior - wow! So glad you're grateful, and yeah - try the habit link BUT WHAT IS IT?

    ReplyDelete