The numbers explained:

pbpk weight should be above 180
Fasting & pre-meal blood glucose 80-120
Post-meal blood glucose 120-180
A1C below 7%

Sunday, February 5, 2012

A Giant Win

Today was a good day, but a step back from the type of days I've been having. Emotions were flying high at work due to the constant uncertainty of our performance schedule. It was the end of the week so many people's walls of professionalism had suffered all the battle blows they could take and were more moody, distracted, goofy or irresponsible than usual.

Then I hosted a superbowl party with three people in attendance: Gardner, Seth and Tiffany. I couldn't have asked for a better group of people. We all felt the same sense of general apathy towards the game but enjoyed each others banter. When the movie finished (and the well timed roast chicken came out of the oven) we put on the movie "The Trip" the type of film, we all agreed, we never would have watched on our own accord but in this particular setting was perfect.

We finished that and as we all began prying ourselves off the couch and looking for a direction something magical happened. An idea sneaked into the room. We didn't all notice at once. First it was only seen by two of us, but then the others eyes adjusted and suddenly we all saw it, and vividly! We passed it around in an intellectual ping pong match only we were all on the same team. And the more we passed the quicker we passed, and the quicker we passed the larger this idea grew. It grew so large we had to involve first a dry-erase white board and then my computer.

I am - very excited! If my posts grow a bit thread bare it is (hopefully) because I am nose to the grindstone on another project.


My numbers were a bit wacky. Woops, sorry body.

12:25 -> 100 Cuss yeah! had cereal 110c with 2 units of Novolog.
4:11 -> 79 I checked here after the first charge sequence because I was feeling a little low despite having a cookie 11c at about 3:30. At 4:30 I had an apple 18c and some peanuts 5c to get me through Act II.
8:11 -> 82 I wanted to make sure my "sugar" was alright because I was going to start snacking (dangerous) at my superbowl party. I didn't want to inject until I figured out what my whole meal was going to be so I just started munching. 12 chips w/ salsa 20c and almonds 4c, and a hard cider.
10:03 -> 192 Well no surprise here. That's what happens with 24c and no insulin. Dinner: Chicken w/ veg 60c, brownie 12c, cookie 16c = 88c + 1 adjustment = 3 units Novolog.
2:06 -> 80 Awesome!! :) Had 5 units of Lantus and about 5c worth of salad/tomato/sprouts/mini slice of bread. Time for bed. I have a big day ahead of me!


Day 48

2 comments:

  1. I love the line, "People's walls of professionalism had suffered all the battle blows they could take . . . " Otherwise, do tell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the whole 'idea' metaphor and can't wait to hear more about it - YOU ARE PSYCHED!!! yay :)

    ReplyDelete